How to benefit from the free-of-charge #FortiClient #VPN solution to ensure remote workers have fast and secure network access during #COVID-19 crisis?
- Configuring SSL VPN or IPSec VPN, SSL VPN is recommended to increase security through client integrity checking. Client integrity ensures that the connecting computer is secure by checking whether specific security software, such as antivirus or firewall software, is installed and running.
- Configuring #FortiGate to check against the client’s MAC address when remote users attempt to log in to the SSL-VPN portal. This makes sure that only specific computers or devices are connecting to the SSL-VPN tunnel.
- Securing SSL-VPN access by restricting host connection addresses. Setting up IP restriction rules can be very useful when considering proper security configuration. Not all IPs need access to the login page. This method allows you to set up rules to restrict access from specific IPs.
- You can also harden your SSL-VPN connections by applying two-factor authentication through security certificates or #Fortinet tokens (hardware tokens or Software tokens).
- Make sure you use the VPN agent not the fully featured agent, in case you have other End point protection for remote users.
- You can purchase the fully featured Agent (EMS) to provide extra layer of security for remote users.
- Change the range of SSLVPN_TUNNEL_ADDR1 object to allow maximum number of users (change address scheme as default object allow only 10 IP addresses).